Design Challenge #3: Create a Typographic Illustration
So far the Psdtuts+ Design Challenges have been a great way for many artists to experiment, improve their technique, and share advice with others. This month we want you to continue that great work by creating a Typographic Illustration. Be sure to share your illustrations with us on Google+
What is a Design Challenge?
Each month, we will challenge you to put your Photoshop skills to the test by creating art inspired by that month’s theme. At the end of each challenge, we may feature your submissions on our website and possibly discuss them in a Google+ Hangout.
This Month’s Challenge
This month we want you to create a Typographic Illustration. Draw inspiration from the lyrics of your favorite song or perhaps a motivational quote you love best. Feel free to use the quote of your choice, as long as it isn't offensive or derogatory in nature. Check out the illustrations below for inspiration!
- Use your creativity to create a Typographic Illustration.
- You are free to use any technique to assist you with this illustration in Photoshop including the use of additional programs such as Illustrator or 3D software.
- When you submit an entry, tell the community a bit about your piece. Why did you create it? What does it mean? Tell us anything that you think we would find interesting.
- If you use any third-party assets (including stock photography), make sure that you have the rights to do so. You can find resources on sites like the stock.xchng, PhotoDune, 123rf, or any other legitimate stock photography website.
- If you use stock photography, cite your sources so that everyone can see the photos that you used.
- Avoid using images that are violent or offensive.
- Your submission must be original work.
- You must create artwork specifically for this challenge. Do not submit previous works from your portfolio.
How To Submit
- To submit your artwork, join the Psdtuts+ Community on Google+ and upload your artwork to the wall.
- Include links to any stock photography used so we can see how your work came together.
- Tag your post with the Google+ Hashtag #psdtutsdc.
- You may submit unlimited entries to this challenge.
- Submissions must be received by Tuesday, May 21, 2013 at 12:00 PM EST.
- By submitting your artwork, we (Envato) don’t make any claims of ownership. The artwork is yours to do whatever you want with.
- You grant us permission to publish your artwork on other sites in our network as well as our social media profile pages.
- You also understand that we may reference your submission later on, and critique it for educational purposes.
- This is not a contest. No prizes will be awarded.