Vectortuts+ loves Illustration and discovering new talent, so today we are proud to be launching a new community project that combines both, the Vectortuts+ Custom Character Jam. The best thing is, you can be a part of it! Find out how to get involved, at the jump.
Design a Vectortuts+ Custom Character!
I'm excited to announce that we have a brand new community project launching today. The Vectortuts+ Custom Character Project! This project aims to spark your imagination and showcase the work of our extremely talented community. Fire up your imagination and let's get started!
All you need to do for this project is download the design template and customize the Vectortuts+ Robot Character in any style and theme that takes your fancy. Add your work to the Vectortuts+ Facebook Group and show us what you think a custom Vectortuts+ character would look like. We will showcase a selection of the entries on our blog.
We can't wait to see what you come up with!
How to Get Involved!
Vector Tuts+ Monkey King by Sean Kelly
How to Make a Vectortuts+ Custom Character:
- Download the Design Template
- Draw your image onto the template, you can be as creative as you like, feel free to alter any or all of the illustration. We want to see creative and fun projects so go crazy!
- Upload your design to the Vectortuts+ Facebook Group with a short description of the design and what kind of character it is.
- Artwork can be any style or theme as long as it's vector and 100% your own work.
- You don't have to spend hours and hours on your piece, the project's aim is to be fun, fast and individual.
- You may submit more than one design
- When you publish your work on Facebook, please include one or two paragraphs about yourself and/or your work and a link to your website / online portfolio.
- Have Fun!