Start a hosting plan from $3.92/mo and get a free year on Tuts+ (normally $180)
Vectortuts+ loves Illustration and discovering new talent, so today we are proud to be showcasing Round 1 of the Vectortuts+ Creative T-shirt Project. The best thing is, you can be a part of it! Find out how to get involved, at the jump.
Create Your Own T-shirt Design, Round 1
The designs are posted in no particular order, but we thought it would be fun to kick things off by getting crazy with Aldemir! Great work everyone, it's been fun to see what you've come up with.
Submissions are open for another week! Get your entries in before Monday 30th of April 2012 for a chance to be in Showcase 2!
I'm Aldemir Alves from Brasil (dãn)...and I'm crazy...crazy, not lazy! :D aldemiralves.daportfolio.com
"Classic style. My name is Dan Phillips and I am a graphic designer by trade and an artist at heart. I have been doing freelance design work for the past few years, and have loved every second of it. You can see more of my work at designphilled.com"
"About the shirt: "QRystal Ball Augmented Reali-tee" t-shirt project design template. It is designed to hold a QR code, but draw the human eye away from the existence of the code itself. Each square was hand chosen to destroy patterns, leaving the eye to see the "whole" not the parts. The QR code can be swapped in/out, and the entire image is a trigger for an augmented reality layer, which rotates and remains fresh. The current version shows a glimpse into Bilbo's hobbit hole. About me: I am a physicist/oceanographer who has a mobile marketing startup (tagitup.net). I'm a hack programmer, a hack ai artist, and an all around hack CEO. I wear this shirt and Adidas Spezial to "work" every day. Happy scanning!!!"
My t-shirt smurfatard. A parody based on the likeness there is between the na'avis and the smurfs. Simply a wild smurf riding one of those ikrans.
I made this one with my friend Tom, we both live in Sweden, are 18 YO and are studying digital media at the gymnasium.
I originally made the catdesign in Photoshop but managed to vectorize it in Illustrator. I love graphic design and Photography, 37 years old and live in Sweden
I'm a ESL teacher living in Chiang Mai Thailand that enjoys making vector art in my spare time.
Here in Chiang Mai its the annual water festival called "Songkran" which is basically one huge water fight for the entire city, celebrating Thai New Year. My T-shirt design is based on the festival.
Please check out my other work at mattbowring.deviantart.com
How to Get Involved!
Artwork by Artamp - Vectortuts+ Vector Freebie
How to Make a Vectortuts+ T-shirt Design:
- Download the Design Template
- Draw your image onto the template, you can be as creative as you like, feel free to alter any or all of the illustration. We want to see creative and fun projects so go crazy!
- Upload (or tag) your design to the Vectortuts+ Facebook Group with a short description of your style or theme.
- Artwork can be any style or theme as long as it's vector and 100% your own work.
- You don't have to spend hours and hours on your piece, the project's aim is to be fun, fast and individual.
- You may submit more than one design
- When you publish your work on Facebook, please include one or two paragraphs about yourself and/or your work and a link to your website / online portfolio.
- Have Fun!